Zarautz has the longest beach on the Gipuzkoan coast and waves that are famous all over the world. These qualities have for years attracted surfers from all corners of the planet.
The colourful boards are now a virtually constant feature of the landscape of Zarautz, and watching the daring surfers from the seaside promenade provides fun and fascination. But it’s not such an easy sport to practice. You’ve got to learn to stay up on the board, know how to swim, be determined to learn and have a great deal of patience. You can seek help from the local schools.
Schools that belong to the club Surfing Euskadi:
The other schools:
For more information you can check the web of ...
"SURFING ZARAUTZ" Experience
"The experts in this field say that a surf course is much more fun if it´s done with the family”
Zarautz has one of the most emblematic beaches of the Basque coast and on of the longest, with nearly 3 miles. Perhaps for these reasons it is the birthplace of the basque surfing culture and the town of the Gipuzkoa coast where this sport has more roots. Here were born internationally renowned surfers and Zarautz also helds top level championships and has the best infrastructure for the practice of this sport.
Therefore, we have organized a exciting weekend for the whole family full of sport and adventure for you to fall in love with Zarautz:
Start the weekend with our introductory course of 3 hours for all members of the family (held in two days, Saturday and Sunday, lessons of 1hr 30 mins) in which you will receive the main instructions to enjoy the waves.
- Available dates: weekends, Easter and long weekends, all year around except July and August.
- Family groups: minimum 3 and maximum 5 people (minimum 1 and maximum 2 adults)
- Price: 150€ (VAT included) per family of 3 members. 50 € supplements per additional person.
- The offer includes: surfboard, suit, insurance, instructor and facilities.
Essence of the course: we want you to have a good time with your family, learning to surf and without any mishap. And during the activity, you will learn more about….
- Behavior of the sea currents and waves
- How you stand on the surfboard ... and do it with style
- Surf a wave on your own
- How to respect the other surfers, sharing waves
- Interpretation of the waves
- And the most important: practice and enjoy surf with your family!
For more information and reservations:
- Moor Surf Eskola. Tel.: 943 02 08 94
- Pukas Surf Eskola. Tel.: 943 89 06 36
- Zarauzko Surf Eskola. Tel.: 943 01 95 07
Important remark: if you want an instructor who speaks English, it is important to report it during the reservation process.